Actopia is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Actopia may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including an email address
- demographic information such as postcode, delivery preferences
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- We may contact you by email, phone, or post.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Personally identifying information
Almost all website visits reveal the following information:
- IP address, from which your approximate location and service provider can be deduced
- Browser vendor and version
- Operating system vendor and version
- The pages you visit during each session
- And, if you came to this website via a link, the location of the page containing the link.
This is common practice to diagnose issues and analyse abuse of a website. We only use this information to help our website work better for you and it is deleted within a few weeks.
When you submit a communication through our website with your personal information, it will only be used for the purposes of contacting you in return. Your information will not be resold and nor will we use it to market to you unless you explicitly opt in or purchase a product or service. After which you will be offered a link to opt out with each marketing message, or you can e-mail enquiry at actopia dot co dot uk and state that you wish to opt out. Other than analytics, only the information you type into your communication is the information we receive. You may write/e-mail us via enquiry at actopia dot co dot uk to modify or delete the information we hold about you.
This website uses Google Analytics. Follow this link to find out how Google uses information from sites or apps that use its services.
Third-party live chat
This site may use some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer.
Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won’t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you’re not happy with this, we won’t set these cookies but some nice features of the site may be unavailable.
In its default setup, your web browser will accept all cookies. Privacy can be improved without compromising functionality by blocking third-party cookies. You can set your web browser to disallow cookies from this website too, but it may affect its operation now or if we introduce new features in the future. We hope that you will continue to allow cookies to help us improve the experience our website delivers.
Managing cookies in:
By using our website you give implicit consent to the storage of such cookies, unless you have elected to disable cookies in your web browser.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, if you consent to the information being used by us for direct marketing purposes there will be an opt-in checkbox to affirm this.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at dpo at actopia dot co dot uk.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We store personal information (such as your name) in relation to the information held about the company they/you own and/or work for. This means we do not store specific personal information on our clients.
With respect to the data we hold, we share that data only with:
- Our permanent staff here necessary to do their work of providing our services to you
- Book-keeping staff and our Accountant
All data is backed up onsite to a main server. Data is collected by Actopia, and that data is usually acquired when clients first purchase something from us, or you contact us via our website or email.
Actopia will offer every client choice and control. Other than for the purposes of supplying services or sending important information regarding our company, any other use of personal data, for example marketing or promotions, will require a record of consent.
- Your consent for our use of your data can be withdrawn at any time
- You have a right to lodge a complaint if your data is used inappropriately
- Actopia will report any breaches of security leading to accidental or unlawful restriction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed
- In the event of a personal data breach we will notify the appropriate supervisory authority without undue delay, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it
Right of access:
- Clients have the right to access a copy of their data and receive a free copy. Non-clients can request a free copy of their details that are held on file for them. These will be provided within a month of the request
- The individual can request Actopia to transfer their data in an electronic or other format
Right to restriction:
- Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or supress the process of their personal data. If requested we will store their data but stop processing it
The right to be forgotten:
- Clients can ask for their personal data to be removed, and this will be actioned within 30 days of the request
Data Protection Contact Details
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, Actopia Communications Limited, Suite 15 Prebendal Court, Oxford Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8EY. Alternatively, email dpo at actopia dot co dot uk stating your name, company and account reference (if known).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address, and we will correct any incorrect information within 72 hours of the request.